Apologies for the radio silence over the past week. I’m sure both of you (zing!) were wondering, why haven’t I seen a new post from Anne in a few days?
Truth be told, the last week has been nuts.
Work was busy like I’ve never experienced before, thanks to a little bit of this (we got Bobbed, a la Office Space):
And then in an epic battle of the Techs, Georgia Tech took a big hit in a loss against Virginia Tech on Thursday night, which I witnessed firsthand, in the cold, where even ski socks and parkas couldn’t keep me warm. Stupid turkeys.
On Saturday, I had the honor of being one of my best friend’s bridesmaids in her wedding. Hubs was a groomsman too, and we had a blast celebrating. I don’t have pictures yet, but this is the dress that the bride wore, and it was a-MAHZ-ing. But in white, because she’s not weird like Gwen Stefani.
To top things off, I moved into a new cube at work today. And by new cube, I mean they relocated our whole team into an annex building, so now we feel like outcasts and we’re having a hard time finding our way around. Also, someone in IT who is “testing the wireless signal” is actually watching American Psycho in one of our conference rooms. I’m not even going to try to google image that movie. This is how I choose to remember Christian Bale:
I’ve been MIA the past couple of days because of a big presentation I had to give at work. It went fine, but the preparation psyched me out a little bit, and even though I thought I was totally calm and prepared and knew my shit like I know the layout of our remote control, I still shook a little bit while presenting. Still, I think it went fine.
1. If you are a Georgia Tech fan, go here and read about a hypothetical conversation between our terrifying football coach, Paul Johnson, and a student in the dorms. So freaking funny.
2. Have you ever look at Google Trends, where you can see what people are searching for the most on Google? Today’s top searches include “quarry”, “Kristin Cavallari”, and “guinea worm”. In contrast, the top Google searches that lead people to my blog are “ikea henny rand curtains“, “how to domesticate a squirrel“, and “why is my husband messing with my head”. I’m not really sure which post that last Google search leads people to…but I’m proud.
3. Speaking of gnomes, this is what my dad got me for my birthday:
It’s a sticker that says “Chillin’ with my Gnomies”. Seriously. I alluded to what this might mean here. But I’m still not ready to talk about it.
OH MY GOD I JUST REALIZED THAT IT’S WEDNESDAY.
I shit you not, I wrote this whole post thinking that it was Tuesday night. I think I’m going to go pour a glass of wine and cry into it for a while.
This weekend was busy, to say the least. Everything that happened was super fun and awesome, but at the same time, it all made the weekend go by way too quickly, and now it’s Monday. Everybody hates Mondays. Unless you work one of those weird shifts where your weekend is Tuesday/Wednesday, in which case, TGIM!
Without going into too much detail, here’s what went on while I was too lazy/hungover to blog about it:
- Raked and mowed the yard, amidst protests from our neighbors to “pay somebody to do that for you!”
- Got a free entree (coupon #1) from Moe’s..
- Cleaned the house in preparation for Saturday festivities. Felt super lame once we realized it was Friday night and we were knee-deep in lysol wipes.
- Hubs spent 3.5 hours on a trek to find sausage at a German butchershop. He came home triumphant and now our house smells like bacon/childhood obesity.
- I dropped off Buster at the groomer, bought a shirt at Kohl’s for $0.21 (coupon #2), and ran 2.25 miles on a trail so hilly hat my quads are still crying.
- We had people over in the afternoon to watch the Georgia Tech/NC State game, which GT won. Copious amounts of tequila were consumed (mostly by yours truly) and our friend Greg pretended to drop my ice cream birthday cake on the floor…but it was just the box. I hate you, Greg!
- Ate breakfast at Panera, got hubs a free cinnamon roll (coupon #3) because I have Panera problems.
- Volunteered at my favorite pet rescue (puppppppppies!) while hubs watched all of the NFL football that he could handle. [Sidenote: my fantasy team was hopeless against Aaron Rodgers, who scored 50+ (fake) points. Additionally, I can’t believe I care about this.]
- Went to dinner at an Irish pub and got free sticky toffee pudding (coupon #4) for dessert. They were out of all of the awesome stuff, like meatloaf and Bailey’s cheesecake (love us some Bailey’s) because of a Herman Cain rally they had a few hours beforehand, so we had to settle for peasanty food, like grilled chicken and fried pickles.
All in all it was a fantastic weekend. I neglected to take a single picture though, so I’ve illustrated it for you below.