This weekend was busy, to say the least. Everything that happened was super fun and awesome, but at the same time, it all made the weekend go by way too quickly, and now it’s Monday. Everybody hates Mondays. Unless you work one of those weird shifts where your weekend is Tuesday/Wednesday, in which case, TGIM!
Without going into too much detail, here’s what went on while I was too lazy/hungover to blog about it:
- Raked and mowed the yard, amidst protests from our neighbors to “pay somebody to do that for you!”
- Got a free entree (coupon #1) from Moe’s..
- Cleaned the house in preparation for Saturday festivities. Felt super lame once we realized it was Friday night and we were knee-deep in lysol wipes.
- Hubs spent 3.5 hours on a trek to find sausage at a German butchershop. He came home triumphant and now our house smells like bacon/childhood obesity.
- I dropped off Buster at the groomer, bought a shirt at Kohl’s for $0.21 (coupon #2), and ran 2.25 miles on a trail so hilly hat my quads are still crying.
- We had people over in the afternoon to watch the Georgia Tech/NC State game, which GT won. Copious amounts of tequila were consumed (mostly by yours truly) and our friend Greg pretended to drop my ice cream birthday cake on the floor…but it was just the box. I hate you, Greg!
- Ate breakfast at Panera, got hubs a free cinnamon roll (coupon #3) because I have Panera problems.
- Volunteered at my favorite pet rescue (puppppppppies!) while hubs watched all of the NFL football that he could handle. [Sidenote: my fantasy team was hopeless against Aaron Rodgers, who scored 50+ (fake) points. Additionally, I can’t believe I care about this.]
- Went to dinner at an Irish pub and got free sticky toffee pudding (coupon #4) for dessert. They were out of all of the awesome stuff, like meatloaf and Bailey’s cheesecake (love us some Bailey’s) because of a Herman Cain rally they had a few hours beforehand, so we had to settle for peasanty food, like grilled chicken and fried pickles.
All in all it was a fantastic weekend. I neglected to take a single picture though, so I’ve illustrated it for you below.